Ben Whishaw is a handsome British actor and is currently 37 years old. Since 1999, he has developed a very prolific career performing in theatres, TV shows and movies, not only as an actor but also, occasionally, as a musician or singer. He became really popular with his interpretation of Hamlet at the Old Vic Theatre in London. Ben is now a well-known international actor and has gained his place in the hollywood industry where many directors are willing to work with him.
John Benjamin Whishaw
37 years old.
Place of birth:
Clifton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Ben Whishaw was a student at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, where he graduated in 2003. Before he had even finished his drama studies, in 2001 he was awarded with the British Independent Film award for Most Promising Newcomer. He participated in some tv shows and had minor roles in films until he played the part of Hamlet in Shakespeare’s classical play, directed by the experienced director Trevor Nunn. His great interpretation of that emblematic character attracted lots of attention and very good reviews. Soon they started to offer him more important parts in films, like the leading role of “The Perfume” in 2006.
Hamilton Hodell Talent Management
5′ 9″ (1,75m)
168 pounds (74.5 kg)
38 in (96.5cm)
32 in (81.3cm)
10 (US) 9.0 (UK) 44 (EU)
Best Known For:
His interpretation in “The Perfume: The Story of a Murderer” (2006) as the leading character, Jean-Baptiste Grenouille.
- Has a twin brother called James.
- Has wan the International Emmy Award for Best Actor 2009 for his role in Criminal Justice
- One of his main hobbies is to travel around the world
- He performs three songs from the soundtrack of the movie “The Tempest”
- Has participated in more than 20 films
- Is a tenor singer and has period dance skills
- His sentimental partner is Mark Bradshaw, an australian music composer
- He is the voice over of the audio book documentary “Words and Music”
- One of his favorite films is Hitchcok’s “Vertigo”
- He will play the role of Freddy Mercury in a biopic about “Queen”, the mythic music band.
Ben Whishaw Quotes:
I am a typical Libran. I tend to see two sides of everything.
I don’t think I am especially interested in celebrities, but I love talking about what is going on with people and why they do what they do.
Ben Whishaw Pictures: